Monday, August 24, 2009

Shit...More Insight


So I took the brainhex test (referenced here, here, and here so far).  I, of course, am a Mastermind-Conquerer...but I could have told you that from the beginning.

[back where I come, we call this combo the Class-A Asshole...or perhaps a triple Scorpio with Mars in Aries]

Here's what it says about me (hmm...):

Your BrainHex Class is Mastermind.

Your BrainHex ClassYour BrainHex Sub-Class is Mastermind-Conqueror.

You like solving puzzles and devising strategies as well as defeating impossibly difficult foes, struggling until you eventually achieve victory, and beating other players.

Each BrainHex Class also has an Exception, which describes what you dislike about playing games. Your Exceptions are:

» No Wonder: You dislike being asked to search for things, preferring clearly defined tasks. 
» No Mercy: You rarely if ever care about hurting other players' feelings - mercy is for the weak!

Learn more about your classes and exceptions at BrainHex.com.

Your scores for each of the classes in this test were as follows:



Now I have to say that a bit of this is bullshit, as I clearly care whether or not I hurt other folks' feelings. At the same time, from my behavior I understand it can APPEAR that I don't care. Certainly, I have a higher threshold of tolerance for things like character death than some folks do (it IS just a game, after all), but I recognize that not everyone shakes things off as quickly (my wife for one!) and being cognizant of this, I also have compassion for it. 

Also, there must be some interest in "wonder" in my life, or otherwise wouldn't I simply be working two jobs, trying to make as much money as possible in order to afford my coke and whores?
; )

That being said, I certainly prefer to dominate my foes (i.e. kick their ass) then "scrape out victories." And if I can devise a plan to do this masterfully, so much the better (though I'd settle for simply steamrollering folks like an unstoppable juggernaut...I should post some of my computer RPG characters). I'm not much of a stealthy, "Splinter Cell" type guy...I'm more of a blunt force trauma kinda' dude.

Hey, we're all different, right?
: )

***EDIT: As a side note, I notice that I only have a one point difference between Mastermind and Conquerer making my "power animals" (or whatever) Octopus and Shark...the Sharkatupus really (I should add that to my B/X Companion monster list).  Of all the games listed that I would "most enjoy playing" the only one I've actually played is Halo (once) and it was friggin' awful...I HATE FPS games more than I hate 2nd Edition AD&D, and that's saying something!***

1 comment:

  1. Oh god it's a shark with camouflage that can squeeze through narrow spaces, shoot ink, and entangle with it's tentacles! And the tentacles are covered by a double row of teeth!

    Fortunately they have been hunted to near-extinction because they're a delicacy served with rice and wrapped in seaweed.

    ReplyDelete