Tuesday, May 18, 2010

And Now Back to our Regular Programming

AKA Random Blog Fodder

Man-o-man, I seem to have quite a few followers these days…pretty cool considering I’m coming up on my one year anniversary and (nearly) my 500th post to the blog. Apparently the traffic has been noticeable enough that I’m being solicited to link with other random sites for mutual financial benefit.

And now a word from our would-be sponsors:

We love the look and feel of your blog and think that your US and Canadian readers might be interested in a giveaway with our sites www.accent-furniture-direct.com, www.toysandgamesonline.com, orwww.cookware.com.


Accent furniture? Cookware?! I’ve talked about Top Chef, what? Twice? If that!

I don’t have any plans in the near future to stock this site with ad ware…right now, it’s purely for my own (and hopefully others’) entertainment. Plus, I’ve got a lot of images parked here without permission, and I’m afraid someone would sue my ass if I tried to make money off ‘em, even though my “art” (blog) may be considered derivative and their pieces available under fair use practice. Whatever…no ads here except for my OWN games.

New web site coming soon.

In other news, yes, I am fully aware of Dio's passing from this Earthly plane. In the past, I’ve said my piece on this this great human being and (as with Frank) I choose to celebrate his life, his deeds, and his artistic accomplishments rather than mourn his death. And that means I’ve been listening to nothing but Dio and Black Sabbath the last two days.
; )

Let’s see, what else…

Should probably write a thing or two about The Compleat Spell Caster…though since each new class presented has its own individual spell list, don’t expect to see conversion write-ups any time soon.

Speaking of conversions, I’ve been REALLY itching to do a new B/X conversion of an old AD&D module. Unfortunately, as maps and text are copyright of the original publisher, conversion notes won’t be helpful to anyone that doesn’t have the original module (the great thing about my White Plume Mountain conversion was that WotC provided the module as a free D20 edition down load, so the maps and text were available to any that wanted it). What to do, what to do…maybe a new poll should be on the agenda!

Yeah...a new poll is definitely in order.

2 comments:

  1. Should probably write a thing or two about The Compleat Spell Caster…though since each new class presented has its own individual spell list, don’t expect to see conversion write-ups any time soon.

    The Compleat Spell Caster is probably my favorite non-TSR old school gaming supplement EVER. So, a little tidbit you may have missed:

    The spell lists have not only a lot of overlap with one another (look how often the Sorcerer spell lists refers back to the 3 previous ones), but they also almost always duplicate spells already available in (A)D&D. I mean, there's a few new/odd ones worth converting, but not many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Myth: Thanks for the tidbit. I really DO like the ideas in the the CSC, but they sure look like more work than the conversions for the Compleat Adventurer. I'll need to give it another quick read or two before I do anything.

    ReplyDelete