Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Oh, Yeah...Almost Forgot...

Did some work on one of the three projects I'm working on (they all have names, I'm just not sharing them yet). Today I figured out how to do psionics in B/X; this will be in one of the new books.

No, it doesn't involve "psionic strength points."

No, it doesn't work like a spell caster's spell list..."except psionic!" Don't drag me down in THAT stinky mess.

You folks have to remember that I'm from that 1980's school of thought, a la Steven King and Scanners. Hmmm...didn't I blog about Scanners awhile back? Maybe...I'll have to check that out later.

Now I AM going to bed.
; )



5 comments:

  1. @ Andreas: I read your post (and have checked out EW myself), and agree the psionics are in need of a total over-haul. However, I'm giving it its own system rather than using normal attack matrices.

    This one I might throw up as a .pdf freebie-download, actually.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that movie poster on my wall. Formative influence. I use to sit in class and try to make people's heads explode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't go far wrong with early Cronenberg. But does this mean that psionics users will attain increasing power while treading towards inevitable decay and destruction like all his protagonists (a la, Shivers, Rabid, Scanners, Videodrome, the Dead Zone, the Fly ... Dead Ringers ...)?

    ReplyDelete