Wednesday, October 20, 2010

2nd Printing of B/X Companion - COMPLETE!

I've got a big box in the trunk of my car, and it's filled with beautiful, beautiful books.

Literally...they are lovely to look at. I don't know if it's just my wide-eyed, rose-colored glasses or what, but these copies of the B/X Companion seem to look nicer than the first batch. 'Course it could just be the typos have been corrected.

But also, my printer was able to do all work in-house this time 'round...maybe the first printing lost something in the out-sourcing? Who knows. All I know is, I feel like a guy who's been running on fumes and now suddenly has a full tank of gas!

All my back-orders will be going out in the mail TOMORROW, even if I have to work through midnight addressing envelopes! My deepest, heartfelt apologies to everyone who's been waiting...and waiting...and waiting... You folks sent me your money and I've failed to deliver, and I accept full responsibility for that. But I will endeavor to not let it happen again...these books will ship!

[by the way, I had a big essay on B/X combat planned for posting but this news is too exciting not to publish. Expect the essay tomorrow morning...]

Hope it was worth the wait, folks. And again, I am so so sorry it took this long!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I haven't read mine yet, but I'm hoping to get to it next week. The order from the southern chick with the exotic name was me (wife's account.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Will you have any left after the back orders?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anyone is interested. I've posted a detailed review of the B/X Companion over at http://wastedlandsfantasy.blogspot.com/2010/10/bx-companion-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and yes, of course it's a good review. I gave it 4.5/5. I'd have to be a real d**k to come over here and advertise a negative review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And Gary's Games and Hobbies will take two more when you get a free moment.

    --Tim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will you post an errata list for those of us who bought the first printing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! More success vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I just submitted my order. Looks great, can't wait until I get my copy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Everyone: Thanks for the well wishes! Appreciate it!

    @ GhostofMarx: I've only sold 20% of the new print run...still plenty of books for sale!

    @ Jason: Thanks for the review...I appreciate the kind words!

    @ Tim: I'll see you Thursday night or Friday morning!

    @ Matthew: Most issues were typos, but the Banshee's HD should be listed as 7** and STAVES have 3-30 charges, while wands only have 2-20. Mmm...there are also some rather glaring errors on the XP table for monsters (Chapter 4).

    @ Johnathan: It should go out in the next day or two (need more envelopes...). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay!

    So, when the first rolls around, I can get one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When our grown up nerdy kids play with B/X Companion rules, they will insist that the first printing is the "real" version.

    "Yeah, JB sold out when he corrected all those typos. The first version had so much more charm! And then when WOTC bought it, fuggeddaboddit..."

    ;)

    ReplyDelete